Monday, December 14, 2009

Dresses, dresses and more dresses

Sorry it's been a while since my last post, I have been so busy sewing that I haven't had a chance to stop and photograph what I am doing. I finished number two of four (you know what with the binding) and have finished the third top now - so feeling pretty confident that I can get it all done in time for Christmas. And as you can see I have been having a play with shirred dresses. Above is my favourite - I love that fabric - it's from Retro Mummy's shop.
This is Little Miss B's favourite and cost 70cents to make! Half a metre of $1 fabric and a metre of 20 cent lace - got to be happy with that.
Two dresses for some little girls I know, which still need straps.
And finally having a play with other styles. I still need to decide what to do with the bottom, a strip of fabric or lace?

That's all for me, hope everyone is well and getting everything done on their lists. I don't know about you, but as soon as I cross something off, something seems to get added...

20 comments:

One Flew Over said...

Lovely little dresses x

Kat said...

Very cute! I love the fabric in the top photo. The fabric in the second dress is what I used for my birthday dress. I love it when you find nice fabric on sale.

Corrie said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to mention and link back to that first one! adorable!

CORRIE:)

Melinda said...

Beautiful dresses - my favourite is the 70c dress. You'd have to be happy with that!

Libbie said...

Wow! These are so cute! I have to admit my favorite is the deer fabric too. I am a little in love with the all the deer stuff out right now. Must be something about those big eyes!

sarah said...

oh what lovely dresses for Christmas down here in this part of the world, I love the second one

JuanitaTortilla said...

Those are REALLY pretty dresses!!! I have been meaning to learn to smock...

VintageVicki said...

They are so pretty - love the roses one best :)

Is now getting cold here in the UK and can't imagine what christmas in the summertime would feel like.

Vicki xx

Unknown said...

Love the roses dress. It looks so vintage!

Kate said...

Love them - thay are all gorgeous!

Unknown said...

They are so pretty, and I love the fabrics! suzie. x

Auntie Cake said...

So adorable. Wish my girlies were little enough to still be wearing dresses like yours! I love all the fabrics that you chose, but love those big cabbage roses the best.
Kate

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous dresses!

sweet emmelie said...

Looks like you have got enough for a shop. My fav is the roses, ever so pretty!!

Christy Amular said...

gorgeous dresses!

Beki said...

They're all gorgeous but I really love the top one.
Oh if only my DD was still a little girl.......sigh!
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Bernice said...

Such cute little summer dresses. I love, love, love girly dresses and skirts. With only one daughter though, I constantly need to ask myself how many is too much? Good luck with 'the list'. With nine days to go I've finished all Xmas sewing for others - I wonder if I'll have time to whip up a new dress for myself?

Val - Apple Cottage said...

I just love that shirred dresses are back. My girls wore them in the 70s and I love them. Yours are gorgeous.

Hannah said...

absolutely stunning dresses!!!!!!! its moments like these i wish i had a daughter! haha

m said...

ooooh Stacey those dresses are just adorable!