Monday, July 14, 2014

The Perfect Vintage Winter Dress


About four years ago I found a stack of gorgeous vintage patterns in size 8 at my local op shop, and though my daughter was only four at the time I snapped them up. 
I have waited four years to make it, and it was so worth the wait. Bella is smitten with this dress, she wore it two days straight and has asked me to make her a pink one too.
I have used a very heavy knit fabric that was on clearance for $2 a meter and the white lace was also an op shop find. 
The pattern is for short sleeves, to make long, I measured her arm and made the sleeve that length, then made the arm cuff smaller to fit her wrist. It's the most perfect winter dress. 


3 comments:

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Darling dress. I used to have a bunch of patterns for little girls when my daughter was young, but I got rid of them as she grew older. Now I wish I still had them! I have a granddaughter on the way and haven't found anything nearly as cute.

Sophie said...

And she looks stunning in it!

Leonie said...

oh it's adorable!! and look at her gorgeous happy little face!! well done you - it really is a treasure :)