Friday, April 11, 2014

Dr Bronner's Castile Soap

This post comes about two weeks late as I have had a cold that will just not go away. The first few days I was bed ridden, but i'm still sniffy and coughy. 

Anyhoo, I wanted to show you some new (to me) products I have bought in my attempt to be more mindful of the chemicals in my home. Some of you are probably very familiar with Dr Bronner's and after alot of reading I decided to give it a try.

Dr Bronner's castile liquid soap is so versatile, on the bottle they state 18 uses, although I do not plan on brushing my teeth with soap anytime soon. The big bottle of Peppermint is for my kitchen and I am using five drops to wash the dishes, at first I wasn't really sold on it as I missed my bubbles and they seem to help dry the dishes. I have found that if I wash and then dry immediately I am happy. I also plan to wash my floors with it and anything else that needs doing. 

The little bottles are for in the bathroom, rose for the girls, peppermint for the boys. We use five drops lathered up in our hands as our body wash. It works really well and smells divine. Before I had even tried it I dropped the bottle and smashed the lid, so now it will not shut. I reckon I'm about to lose most of it when someone knocks it over. 

The little bars of soap are to make my own washing powder which I am yet to try, they are sitting on my window sill and every now and then I have to have a smell of the almond soap - it is gorgeous!

 Do you use Dr Bronner's? I would love to hear what products you use and how you use them. 

No comments: