Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Creative Space...

It's been a while since I have made anything! We had my husband’s parents visit us for the first time here in Sydney over the weekend, and I have been waiting for them to go before I start causing creative mayhem on our little tidy house. You see I am really messy, and although we have a sun room where all my things are, including a big desk, I like to be near my husband. So I always end up at the dining room table where I make a huge mess, and to make matters worse I hate packing away everything when I am in the middle of something!

So while not being ready to sew, I have become fascinated with crocheting – I love the idea of being able to do it in front of the TV, plus being portable and quick. When I first started blogging, more than two years ago I made my daughter a blanket for her dolls and I haven't done anything since. But for some reason (maybe Attic24 has something to do with it) I really want to learn to crochet again. So I started off with these sweet little flowers that I thought would make fantastic hair clips for my daughters goodie bags for her 5th Birthday. The sizes of the flowers are bit dodgy, I think that has something to do with the tension.

It seems like I am not the only one crocheting at the moment, loads more creative spaces here.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks brilliant Stacey!
i've recently got into the old crochet too -
soooo great to be able to create in front of the TV!!!XX

Katie said...

Love your crochet - such lovely bright colours!

OnePerfectDay said...

These are beautiful!!
Love the colours!

debbievds said...

Crochet is very addictive so beware! Love your colours!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, for not crocheting in a while, I think you are doing great. My cousin taught me a flower, leaf square pattern when I was about 20 and I can't tell you how many afghans -- baby and full size, I made from that pattern. It wasn't until blogging 2 years ago that I expanded my crochet repertoire. I can actually read patterns now -- although I don't like tricky difficult ones, I can manage simple and easy which is what I do best. :) I love that I can just throw something in my bag and crochet wherever I go. Enjoy! Best wishes, Tammy

A Blessed Life said...

The colours are so nice and you have done a great job.

Karen said...

YOur color combinations are gorgeous! Happy times with your hook and yarn.

ButtonMad said...

Love those flowers...