Friday, April 30, 2010

My Creative Space...

This weekend is my in-laws joint 60th Birthday Party, don't you just love this picture of them from the 70s. Their birthdays are just five days apart. So the deal was they paid for everything but "the kids" organise it. Which has turned out to be me and my sister in law, luckily for me she is super organised and really done a lot of the work. I have mainly done all the graphics. But I have volunteered to make the cake - yikes!
The theme is "Disco Fever" and right at this moment I am baking the second tier for my three tier cake. Today I very carefully cut out dancing silhouettes from fondant icing.

PS thank you so much for all the lovely comments you made on my play room (sewing room seems to serious) you're all so sweet! But alas, that certain someone has once again visited and it is officially trashed.

More creativeness here...

8 comments:

Cotton Kiwi said...

That cake is going to be awesome!! Love the fondant figures. And that photo is fantastic. Hope the party goes really well.

Jennie said...

Your MIL looks very much like Victoria Beckham in that shot!! I love the disco figures!!x

Tanya said...

ahh, nothin' like a bit of nostalgia on a Friday morning! love your disco disco dancers!

Brianna said...

Cake looks awesome. You won the giveaway on my blog! Can you send me an email with your details please.

Sarah Gauntlett said...

oh my she does look like victoria beckham!

dash robin said...

That is the best photo-they 'got it all going on'...and so very, very, very 70's. I love it. Hope the cake turns out great.

sweet emmelie said...

How funky are they. I hope it has all come together well and you are probably kicking your heels off now as I write. I hope you pull out the John Travolta moves!!!

Unknown said...

Love that photo of your in laws...I'm guessing that photo was taken in Barcelona?