Saturday, May 17, 2014

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

I had never heard of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint until I went into a local vintage shop and spotted some pieces the owner Robin had painted. Well - I spent the next month planning what colours I wanted and put my order in for my birthday.  
 I think the name Chalk Paint doesn't really do this stuff justice, so I fondly refer to it as Magic Paint. Here's why: No prep work - that's right no sanding! Just paint! I find two coats usually does the trick and it dries really quick (like 20 mins quick). Wax. And you're done. It's also non toxic and doesn't smell, really, there is no bad paint smell at all. 
I repainted this chair in one afternoon. I was completely stumped as to what I was going to do with the awful vinyl padded seat, but I loved the shape of the chair. With magic paint you paint anything, so I painted over the vinyl. I actually think it covers the vinyl better than the wood. It's crazy stuff.   
  The colours are not really my normal colour palette, I'm more into pastels, but I have been having a lot of success with mixing my own colours. Watch this space to see random pieces of furniture I have picked from the op shop and off the side of the road getting a makeover, my latest project is a roll top desk for Bella's room. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Stacey,
Thanks for popping by my blog! I don't blog too often these days as I'm so busy with my book and getting over a frozen shoulder…it was lovely to see your blog again.. your crafts and photos are beautiful as always!! I look forward to popping by regularly :)